Dialogic Telecom Privacy Notice
Dialogic Telecom will be known as the “controller” of the personal data you supply to us under applicable data protection laws and we do all we can to respect your right to privacy and the protection of your personal information. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data. The most important fact is that it’s your personal information and we will only use it where necessary to deliver our services to you or your business, and to keep you up to date about developments in our products.
The purpose for processing your personal data
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) allows us to collect, use, store and transfer personal information if we have one or more of the following purposes for doing so:
- To fulfil a contract with you
- Where necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- Where necessary for our legitimate interests (providing your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests)
- For other reasons where you have consented to those purposes.
How do we use your personal information?
- If you are an existing Dialogic Telecom customer, we hold your personal data because we have a contractual obligation to deliver services to you, verify accounts, monitor fraudulent activity and to identify violations of service policies. We may also send you administrative information regarding changes to services, terms, conditions and policies. We will continue to hold your information for a period, from the expiry of your contract, for legal records.
- If you are a previous Dialogic Telecom customer, we will continue to hold personal data for legal reasons and may use it for legitimate business purposes.
- If you email, telephone or visit our website to make an enquiry, we will hold the personal details you have supplied so that we can send you information about the products and services that are of interest to you.
- If you are not an existing customer, we may have your contact details on our marketing list so that we can provide information about our services with your consent.
- If you are a supplier or other business associated with Dialogic Telecom’s field of work, we will hold your contact details because we have a legitimate interest in doing business with your company.
- We may monitor and record communications with you including emails and telephone conversations. Any information we collect may be used for the daily operations of the business, training purposes and to ensure we fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
What type of information is collected?
- Personal Information: The information we collect depends on your interactions with Dialogic Telecom and the choices you make with us including your privacy settings. This may include: name, title, company name, job title, postal address, telephone numbers, email address and banking details. If you submit personal information on behalf of other people, then you must have their permission to do so in accordance with this privacy notice.
- Location information: We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol (IP) address. This is a number that is assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Analytics data is not tied to personally identifiable information and is only used to improve our service.
- Recordings: Our telephone calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes as well as CCTV recording in certain areas outside and within our business premises for security purposes. We may also use photographs from events for general marketing and publicity.
How we collect your personal data
- Website: We may collect personal information from you when you contact us via our website, request a brochure or register for an event.
- Offline: We may collect personal information from you offline such as when you attend a business event, offer us a business card, speak with our sales representatives or contact our customer services.
- Digital format via telephone recording and CCTV.
- Other sources: To enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers and services to you we may obtain personal information about you from other sources such as public databases, joint marketing partners and social media platforms, as well as from third party referrals.
How long do we hold your personal data?
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. Thereafter we may hold it for legitimate business interests or to respond to enquiries and maintain necessary records to satisfy legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Who has access to your information?
- We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data and to limit access to those who genuinely need to know it.
- We will not sell your information to third parties.
- We supply relevant telephone network service providers with your personal data to process a contract.
- We share personal data among Dialogic Telecom affiliates and may also share it with agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement; for example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support. We require all parties engaged by us to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law and not for their own purposes.
What choices do you have?
- When completing a contract with us you will be given the option to choose whether you wish to receive direct marketing communications. Alternatively, you can give or withdraw consent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your personal details are already in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and you would prefer that we erase them, you can request this by emailing us at: email@example.com
- If you receive promotional emails from us and would prefer not to, you can notify us by following the directions in that message (e.g. Unsubscribe option in the footer). This offer does not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain Dialogic Telecom services, or to other communications that have their own unsubscribe method.
- You have the right to access, correct or request erasure of your personal data and to request the transfer of the data to you or a third party. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is protected and not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- Where we rely on your consent to processing data, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- You may object to certain aspects in the processing of your data and may request us to restrict it (subject to contractual requirements).
- We will notify you and any applicable body of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
- You have the right to report a concern or lodge a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (ico.org.uk). However, we would appreciate having the opportunity to resolve any issue quickly and fairly before you approach the ICO so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that the GDPR sets out exceptions to these rights. If we are unable to fulfil any aspect due to an exception we will explain this to you in our response.
How to access and control the information we hold
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if it changes during your relationship with us.
- This privacy notice may be changed from time to time. Updates will be made available to you on our webpage and we encourage you to review it regularly to stay informed.
- For requests to access, correct, restrict or erase your personal information, contact Dialogic Telecom by emailing email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days.