IT Support Technician £Negotiable + Company Bonus scheme
An IT support technician is required to provide desktop and system support to the business, as well as supporting our customers who use our IT based software and hardware products.
As an IT support technician you will have excellent knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems, gained in a support service desk / help desk environment and will be a logical thinker able to demonstrate problem solving skills in a time-efficient manner as well as having a good all round knowledge of IT.
The successful candidate should possess experience or interest in VoIP Telephony and have some/all experience or interest in the following areas:
* VoIP carrier networks
* IP PBX
* SIP Trunks
* SIP to ISDN
Successful candidates will be involved in the implementation, configuration, set up, support and management of customers Voice equipment
You will be educated to ‘A’ level standard, BTEC or equivalent in an IT capacity and be self-motivated, forward thinking and eager to learn.
• Previous IT support experience. Typically between 1-2 years, although a graduate with relevant experience would be considered.
• Experience in supporting Microsoft Windows Server and desktop operating systems (windows 7, 8 & Server 2003/2008/2012).
• Experience of Microsoft Application Support (Microsoft Office Suite).
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, exchange, Symantec Endpoint.
• Working knowledge of LAN, WAN, VPN Firewall and networking hardware.
• Experience of installing and configuring routers, firewall, switches and wireless access points.
Who would this role suit?
This is an excellent role for an immediately available IT Support Technician who has
• Excellent communication skills
• Good telephone manner
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a ‘can do’ attitude
• Sound planning, organising and prioritising abilities
• Flexible to cope with change and be proactive.
• Ability to work well individually or as part of a team.
• Must have access to a car and clean drivers licence
• Travel to customer’s premises will be required
Interested? email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org