What is ICE?
An ICE or ‘In Case of Emergency’ contact is a number or group of numbers that you designate in your phone, to be called should you be in a crisis.
They are often called the Emergency Telephone Contacts. The valuable thing is that once an emergency contact is set, even if your phone is locked, you can simply select ‘Emergency Call’ to be able to see and call ICE numbers.
Click below to watch the video: https://youtu.be/oCUxSRGcuRI
The Process of setting up your ICE contacts will depend on the type of phone you use. This article will concentrate on using an iOS device (iPhone).
Setting up Medical ID in the Health App
To make your important health information accessible in case of emergency (ICE) you should set up your medical ID in the Health app. To do this:
1. Tap Emergency SOS in your phone Settings.
2. Next open Set up Emergency Contacts in Health.
3. In ‘Health’ tap Medical ID > Edit. Here you can enter details of your emergency contacts also your health information.
4. Turn on Show When Locked to make your Medical ID available from the Locked screen. In emergency this gives people access to your important information and the emergency contacts that you’ve entered.
5. When you’re finished tap Done.
How to access Emergency ID or make an Emergency Telephone call:
To view the Medical ID, open the Health app and tap Medical ID.
If the iPhone is locked, follow these steps:
1. Press the Home button.
2. Tap Emergency.
3. On the Emergency call screen, you can make a call or tap Medical ID to see ICE Contacts and any medical information stored on the device.
This accessibility is very important for emergency situations especially when your iPhone is locked.